Candidacy (see item #10 for candidacy details) is held at the Cadence Headquarters three times every year. Please note the following dates and application deadlines:
- Third week of October, application process completed by July 31
- Fourth week of February, application process completed by November 30
- Third week of July, application process completed by April 30
1 – Complete The Online Application Packet
If married, Cadence International requires that both husband and wife complete individual applications.
After Human Resources receives your application and makes initial contact with you, the following items will be sent to you and then must be completely filled out and returned within 45 days:
- Reference Release Form* (one form for each reference). Individual applicants: five references are required; Married applicants: five references for each spouse are required. Be sure to include phone numbers and email addresses for each reference.
- Stewardship Assessment Form. For individuals and couples, one form is required.
- Authority for Release Form
- Background Check Form
- Complete the Theological Writing Assignment (husband and wife may complete together)
- Complete the Bible Assessment Tool
- Request official copies of your school transcripts to be sent to the HR Department, Cadence International, PO Box 1268, Englewood, CO 80150 or fax to 303.783.0414.
- Send a copy of certificate of ordination or license or commission (if applicable).
* For each reference, you must first complete a Reference Release Form. Be sure to have your signature witnessed. A witness can be a: parent, sibling, spouse, co-worker or friend. You are required to request two types of references: (1) Employer/Supervisor. (2) General—one of the general reference forms should be from a pastor, other ministry leader, or someone who has observed you in a ministry setting. Select a reference that knows you well and is not a relative. Please include both a phone number and an email for each reference.
2 –Bible Assessment Tool (BAT)
Applicants will be sent a link to complete a BAT, a one-hour, multiple choice questionnaire designed to aid us in understanding the applicant’s present knowledge of the Bible and theology.
3 – Theological Writing Assignment (TWA)
The TWA is a writing assignment on particular theological topics.
4 – Initial Phone Screen
Once Human Resources receives all your application paperwork, an initial phone interview will be performed.
5 – References
References will be contacted following the initial phone screen.
6 – Application Review
Following the initial phone screen, the HR team will review the applicant’s file, prayerfully considering appropriate next steps for the applicant.
7 – First Phone Interview
A phone interview with the Director of Mobilization will be held.
8 – Second Phone Interview
A second phone interview will be held with at least two members of the HR team.
9 – Teaching Video or Audio Reviewed
Applicants continuing in the process will be asked to send a video or audio sample of their teaching.
10 – Skype Interview
A Skype interview with the Director of Pastoral Care.
11 – Candidacy
Those applicants who are deemed ready by our HR Selection Committee are invited to attend candidacy at our mission headquarters in Englewood, CO.
Candidacy happens three times a year at Cadence HQ and it’s the final stage of our selection and vetting process. Its generally four to nine days, depending on how many candidates are attending. The first few days are interviews, evaluation on candidates’ Bible study teaching abilities, and evaluation on candidates’ counseling abilities. The last few days are training.
12 – Appointment
After prayerful review, the Human Resources Selection Committee will reach a decision regarding appointment to missionary service and inform the candidate at a designated time during candidacy week.
13 – New Missionary Training
If you attend candidacy and are appointed as a Cadence Missionary, you will be invited to stay for New Missionary Training.
14 – Partnership Development
The first assignment of newly appointed staff is to raise their financial support and gather a prayer support team—this assignment is called Partnership Development and training will be provided. Once the missionary has raised their support, and received necessary training, they are released to their field assignment.
All items can be delivered via email.
If you prefer to send hard copies please mail them to:
Attention: HR Department, Christina Bass
P.O. Box 1268
Englewood, CO 80150