Alumni: Get Involved
“Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you to be true in the light.”
Dick Patty, Cadence Founder
We stay connected with our Alumni through online communications, support, and service opportunities.
Book: Choose Life
Cadence Foreign Military Ministry has been serving in the African country of Burundi since 2011. Much of our success in Burundi is due to our relational connection with Simon Guillebaud. He’s been a trusted voice as we serve wounded soldiers and war widows within the country.
This year we gave copies of his devotional book, Choose Life, to our entire Cadence HQ staff for Christmas and are excited to make it available to all our alumni through the link below. Join us in making 2023 a year where we choose faith over fear, love over legalism, and gratitude over grumbling all 365 days of the year. Sign up for a daily or weekly devotional email by clicking here.
Video: What Lingers
What Lingers is a video blog created by our Alumni Pastor, Duncan Sprague. “When I consider my first thought about almost anything,” he says, “I quickly realize that my first thought is often under-informed, overly critical, and too preoccupied with what’s in it for me. But given a second thought, I often find a better nature and truer self, the divine nature and new heart that beats most passionately for God rather than myself.”
We invite you to take a second thought about important questions that survive the ups and downs of life, forcing us to ask a better question, “What lingers?”
S01-E01 What Lingers: Questions Worth a Second Thought
We connect with Alumni and local leaders in targeted regions to better serve their military communities.
Upcoming Hub Events:
- February 9 – 20, 2023, San Antonio,TX area
- February 16, 2023, Alumni Celebration at Wayside Chapel. View details here.
- February 20 – 26, 2023, Killeen, TX area
- February 25, 2023, Alumni & Friends Workday at the Soldier’s Hospitality House. View details here.
- February 26 – March 3, 2023, Dallas, TX area
- March 3 – 8, 2023, Albuquerque, NM area
- March 5, 2023, Alumni & Friends Gathering. Details coming.
- July – August, Stay tuned for details on our regional hub
For questions or more information, contact Angie.Sprague@Cadence.org
We facilitate a variety of experiences for Alumni and Friends to connect, learn, and grow together.
- June 1 – 14, 2023, Tentative dates for the first Alumni Mission Trip to Burundi, Africa.
- TBD Early 2024, Alumni trip to Israel.
We serve our ministry leaders by providing opportunities for them to stay connected with their Cadence Alumni.
With two hospitality houses celebrating 50 years of service this year, keep an eye out for more information regarding upcoming celebrations and hospitality house reunions in 2023.